靠谱电子书 > 文学名著电子书 > 著迷英语900句 >

第5部分

著迷英语900句-第5部分

小说: 著迷英语900句 字数: 每页4000字

按键盘上方向键 ← 或 → 可快速上下翻页,按键盘上的 Enter 键可回到本书目录页,按键盘上方向键 ↑ 可回到本页顶部!
————未阅读完?加入书签已便下次继续阅读!



heart。 我只是那天
晚上一个约会的对象而已; 好吧; 算是不对; 但是他也没有伤心而死。
: Didn’t he go to the party anyway? 他最后不是去了吗?
: Yes; I think he did。 I’m sure he did。 对! 我想他去了; 我相信他去了。
: Miguel is different。 He is serious and considerate。 But he’s young; and he doesn’t know the ways of
the world。 And he’s
going home soon。 米盖尔便不同; 他正经而体贴; 只是年轻而不够世故; 而且他没事便回家;
: Oh; well。 噢; 对了!
: He isn’t very handsome; but he has a beautiful smile。 他不十分英俊; 但他有个很美的微笑。
JOANA: Mama; the Crawfords are ing to dinner next Wednesday。 妈; 郭佛家人在下星期叁将
来我们家吃晚餐。
MRS。 FARIAS: Mr。 Crawford。 郭佛先生?
MRS。 FARIAS: Isn’t he one of Paulo’s business acquaintances? 他是不是保罗的生意上的朋友之
一?
JOANA: Yes。 是的。
MRS。 FARIAS: I see。 When are they ing? 我明白了; 他们什么时候来啊?
JOANA: Next Wednesday; the nineteenth。 下星期叁; 十九号。
MRS。 FARIAS: How many people are there going to be? 一共有多少人来呢?
JOANA: Six in all。 Mr。 and Mrs。 Crawford; Michael; Paulo; you and me。 共六位; 郭佛夫妇; 迈克
尔; 保罗; 你和我。
MRS。 FARIAS: What are you going to serve? 你准备做什么呢?
JOANA: I’m not sure。 我不太确定。
MRS。 FARIAS: Do they like Brazilian food? 他们喜欢巴西菜吗?
JOANA: I don’t know。 我不知道。
“MRS。 FARIAS: We could make ““feijoada。”“ Everyone likes that。” “ 我们可以做”“feijoada”“ (咸
八宝饭); 每个人都喜欢这种菜的。”
JOANA: I suppose so。 What do you think? 我也这么想; 您认为怎么样?
JOANA: It isn’t very fancy。 那并不很新奇。
MRS。 FARIAS: Well; they’re your guests。 You decide。 好吧! 他们是你的客人; 你决定。
“JOANA: You’re right。 ““Feijoada”“ it is。” “ 您是对的; 就做”“咸八宝饭”“。”
MRS。 FARIAS: Tell me about Michael。 告诉我一些有关迈克尔的事。
JOANA: Well; he’s very tall and handsome。 He has big blue eyes and long blond hair。 好啊! 他高
大而英俊; 有一双大大的碧眼及长长的金黄头。
MRS。 FARIAS: Oh? How long? 哦! 有多长啊?
JOANA: Down to his shoulders。 It’s beautiful。 Like gold。 到他肩部; 很漂亮的; 就像黄金一样。
MRS。 FARIAS: What does he do; dear? 他做些什么事呢? 孩子。

着迷英语900 句
JOANA: He does many things。 他做许多事;
JOANA: He’s very creative。 他很有创造力;
JOANA: He’s a great painter; really。 He also gives free English lessons to the people in his
neighborhood。 事实上他是
个画家; 他还免费帮他的邻居上英文课。
MRS。 FARIAS: I see。 我懂了。
JOANA: You’re going to like him。 Everybody does。 你将会喜欢他的; 每个人都喜欢他。
MRS。 FARIAS: Where does he live? 他住在哪儿啊?
JOANA: He has a small apartment on 88th Street。 他有间小公寓; 在八十八街。
MRS。 FARIAS: A small apartment。 On 88th Street。 小公寓; 在八十八街。
JOANA: Don’t worry; Mama。 不要操心; 妈;
JOANA: I’m not going to marry him tomorrow。 我不会明天就嫁给他的。
: Michael。 Hello。 How nice of you to call! 迈克尔; 喂; 你打电话来太好了!
: This Friday night? What a good idea! 这个星期五晚上? 多好的主意!
: Yes。 I’m sure Paulo can e。 He doesn’t work Friday nights。 是的; 我确定保罗会去; 他星期五
晚上不工作。
: Can I help? I could bake a cake。 要我帮忙吗? 我可以烘蛋糕。
: Don’t be silly。 I like to bake; and I love parties。 不要傻了; 我喜欢烘蛋糕和参加宴会。
: Can I see some of your paintings? 我能参观你的一些画吗?
: Yes; really。 I paint; too。 是的; 真的吗? 我也画画。
: I never talk about it。 I’m not very good。 In fact; my paintings are pretty bad。 我从不说它; 我画得
不好; 事实上; 我画得很差。
: No。 I don’t have any with me。 They’re all home in Brazil。 不; 那些画并没在我身边; 它们全在巴
西的家里。
: Oh; really? Perhaps some afternoon I could go to art class with you。 噢; 真的吗? 或许那天下午;
我能够跟你一起上艺术课。
: Fine。 See you Friday; then。 很好; 星期五见。
: Friday; at 8:30。 Thank you。 Good night。 星期五; 八点半; 谢谢你; 晚安。
NORA: Good morning; sir。 May I help you? 早安; 先生; 我能效劳吗?
CUSTOMER: It’s our anniversary today。 I’m looking for the same flowers as the ones in her
wedding bouquet。 今天
是我们结婚年; 我要找(买) 一些和内人在婚礼上所拿的相同的花束。
NORA: What do they look like? 是什么样子的?
CUSTOMER: White。 They’re white。 白色的; 白色的花束。
NORA: How tall are they? 有多高啊?
CUSTOMER: They’re short; I guess。 About the same height as those short flowers over there。 我想;
它是矮矮的; 差不多跟那边的花朵一样高。
NORA: Do they look like roses? 它像玫瑰?
CUSTOMER: No。 They look like little bells。 不像; 它们看起来像个小钟形。
NORA: Oh lilies of the valley。 No; I’m sorry。 哦铃兰; 很抱歉;
NORA: We’re out of them at the moment。 这个时候我们没有铃兰。
CUSTOMER: Oh; that’s too bad。 哎呀; 那太糟了。

着迷英语900 句
NORA: What about roses? 买些玫瑰怎么样?
CUSTOMER: OK。 好吧!
CUSTOMER: How many do you suggest? 你认为需要多少?
NORA: As many as you like; sir。 They’re beautiful; aren’t they? 你需要多少就买多少; 先生。 它们
很漂亮; 不是吗?
CUSTOMER: Yes; they are。 是的; 很漂亮。
NORA: Hi; Peggy。 Hi; Suzy。 嗨; 蓓姬、苏西;
NORA: What a nice surprise! 真是巧极了。
PEGGY: Hi; Mom。 We’re on our way home from school。 嗨! 妈; 我们刚下课正要回家。
NORA: Excuse me a minute; girls。 等一下; 孩子们。
NORA: Jane; can you take care of this gentleman? Now; how was school today? 珍; 你能来招呼这
位男士吗? 好了; 今天在学校怎么样?
SUZY: The same as always。 老样子;
PEGGY: Oh。 There was one thing。 哦; 有件新鲜事。
NORA: Oh? 哦?
SUZY: Jack was in a big fight。 杰克跟人家打架。
NORA: Is he all right? 他还好吧?
PEGGY: I think so。 But he’s in the principal’s office。 我想是没事; 不过他在校长室。
NORA: Oh; no! 噢; 真糟糕!
SUZY: Why are Billy and Jack so different from each other? 为什么比利与杰克会有这么大的不
同呢?
NORA: I don’t know; dear。 I really don’t。 我不知道; 孩子; 我真不知道。
SUZY: When are you ing home; Mom? 妈; 您何时回家?
NORA: It’s Friday。 The store is open until 9:00 tonight。 星期五; 这家店营业到九点。
SUZY: Gee; you’re as bad as Dad。 唉! 你跟爸爸一样糟糕。
NORA: What do you mean; dear? 孩子; 这话是什么意思?
SUZY: You’re never home; either。 你也从不回家。
: Of course; sir。 We send flowers anywhere in the country。 当然; 先生; 在这个地区里任何地方我
们都送的。
: Well; tulips are very pretty。 嗯; 鬱金香是很漂亮的。
: They look like。。。 uh。。。 well。。。 cups。 看起来像是。。。 嗯。。。 杯子。
: Oh; she likes roses。 Then send her roses。 噢; 她喜欢玫瑰; 那就送玫瑰给她。
: No; in fact; tulips aren’t as expensive as roses this year。 不; 实际上; 今年的鬱金香不像玫瑰那么
昂贵。
: Fine。 How many tulips do you want to order? 好; 你要订多少鬱金香?
: Certainly。 For 10。00 I can send sixteen。 当然了; 十块钱可以送十六朵。
: Yes。 We usually include a short note with the flowers。 是的; 我们都在花中夹一便条的。
“: ““To Mom。 Happy Birthday。”“ Yes; that’s fine。 Your mother’s name and address; please?”
“送给妈妈,祝您生日快乐”,“是的,那很好,你母亲的名字和地址,能告诉我吗?” 
: Mrs。 G。 Crawford。 143…29 Park Avenue。 Is that C…R…A…W…F…O…R…D? 郭佛太太; 公园大道一四叁
之29 号; 是不是C…R…A…W…F…O…R…D ? 

着迷英语900 句
: Thank you。 And your name and address; please? 谢谢你; 请告诉我你的名字和地址。
: Michael Crawford。 342 88th Street。 Thank you very much。 Have a nice day; sir。 迈克尔郭佛; 八十
八街叁四二号; 谢谢您的惠顾; 祝您有个愉快的日子; 先生。
BILL: Hi; Ali。 Where are your parents today? 嗨; 阿里; 你爸妈今天到哪儿去了?
ALI: They’re eating in the Italian restaurant again。 他们又上意大利餐馆去了。
ALI: I like hot dogs more than spaghetti。 我喜欢热狗甚于意大利;
ALI: And ice cream is the most delicious thing in the world。 然而冰淇淋又是世界上最美味可口的
东西了。
ALI: It’s not fair。 那是不公平的。
BILL: What isn’t fair; Ali? 什么不公平; 阿里?
ALI: They can eat as much spaghetti as they want。 他们高兴吃多少条就能吃多少;
ALI: But I can’t eat as many hot dogs and ice cream sandwiches as I want。 Do you have children? 但
我想吃多少热狗和冰淇淋叁明治却不能。你有孩子吗?
BILL: I have two boys and two girls; 我有两男两女;
BILL: but they are all older than you。 不过他们都比你大。
ALI: How old are the boys? 男孩有多大?
BILL: Bill; Jr。; the oldest; is seventeen。 Jack is sixteen。 小比尔最大; 他十七岁; 杰克是十六岁。
ALI: Do they play baseball? 他们打棒球吗?
BILL: They sure do。 Do you play baseball? 当然了; 你也打棒球吗?
ALI: Not yet。 But I’m going to learn soon。 I’m almost seven years old。 还没。 不过; 我很快会去学
的; 我差不多七岁了。
MR。 NIKZAD: Ali! I’m sorry; sir。 Is my son bothering you again? 阿里! 很抱歉; 先生; 我的孩子
又来打扰你了吗?
BILL: Not at all。 He’s a fine boy。 那里; 他是个乖巧的孩子。
MRS。 NIKZAD: Thank you; Mr。。。 谢谢你; 先生。。。
BILL: O’Neill。 奥尼尔。
ALI: Father; Mr。 O’Neill’s sons play baseball。 爸; 奥尼尔先生的孩子都打棒球。
MR。 NIKZAD: That’s nice; Ali。 阿里; 那很好啊!
ALI: I want to learn; too。 我也要学;
ALI: But nobody wants to teach me。 但是没人教我。
MR。 NIKZAD: You’re too young; Ali。 阿里; 你太小了。
ALI: You always say that。 你老是那么说;
ALI: I’m pretty big for my age。 就年龄来说; 我已经很大了。
BILL: Excuse me; there’s a big crowd over there。 Business before pleasure。 对不起先生; 那边有一
大群人; 我先去做生意了。
MR。 NIKZAD: Certainly。 那当然; 当然。
ALI: Good…bye; Mr。 O’Neill。 再见; 奥尼尔先生。
BILL: Bye; Ali。 See you soon。 再见; 阿里; 待会见。
ALI: You know; Father; he isn’t really an ice cream man。 He’s just pretending。 He’s really a secret
agent。 爸; 你知道
吗? 他不是真的冰淇淋小贩

返回目录 上一页 下一页 回到顶部 0 0

你可能喜欢的